The Fabricated Goddess

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ready, Set, POST.....

Good Morning, sunshines! Are you ready? Personally, I'm still bleary eyed over here, but that's not going to hinder my ability to kick this off right. Here goes. Post-Halloween Vampire-Repelling Roasted Garlic: So I know this isn't exactly original, but I thought it was seasonally appropriate considering that yesterday was Halloween. 2 cloves garlic slice the tops off and place cut side down in a pan or on parchement. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with coarse or kosher salt. Bake for 45 min to and hour in 345 oven. Cloves will be soft and squishy....mmmm, squishy. Once you've removed this from the oven and let it cool, gently squeeze the cloves out of the husk. I like to freeze them on a cookie sheet and then put them in a baggie or freezer container. These will keep for a few months and it's super convenient for making soups, stews, sauces whatever you like. And me? I like to add about three of these to potatoes as I'm mashing them....heaven. If you add asagio cheese to these, or maybe some chopped fresh chives and sour cream, I'd drive right in and swim around in those mashed beauties. And voila, no pesky vampires for at least 12 hours. See you tomorrow for Thankful Thrusday.

6 Comments:

  • Ummm, do I get to taste some of this lovely cuisine?
    I am so hungry! Feed me.

    By Blogger Treasured Grace, at 11/01/2006 11:56:00 a.m.  

  • I'm so excited to read something new everyday!! I've had this before at someones Christmas Party she served it with crackers...it was very yummy. I can't wait to see what your gonna make next week!!

    Hugs, Deb

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/01/2006 02:14:00 p.m.  

  • Mmmm, I love garlic. I'm definitely going to try this. I always add garlic to my mashed potatoes but I've never tried the asagio cheese. I will try that for sure.

    Thanks for the great tip. Can't wait for what you have in store for tomorrow.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/01/2006 02:30:00 p.m.  

  • Honey you are going in the right direction. Stay the course and we will all benefit. Mum

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/01/2006 03:38:00 p.m.  

  • Great idea!!! Have you ever barbequed Shallots?! Mmmm...Say no more. I'd love to be entered into your prize draw, although if you're not into sending things abroad (Ireland) then I totally understand. Keep up the blogging! I had THE MOST unbelievably strange trip into town yesterday, have just written a short summary...!! Lxx

    By Blogger Lizzy, at 11/02/2006 03:46:00 a.m.  

  • Thanks everyone for your comments...consider yourselves all entered. Yes Lizzy, I'll ship abroad if you win! And OH I'm afraid to read your blog now about your trip to town....I hope I haven't rubbed off on you!

    By Blogger Fabricated Goddess, at 11/02/2006 07:05:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home