The Fabricated Goddess

Monday, October 23, 2006

Sha-Na-Na....

Beware the frosty winds of November for they bring with them madness and mayhem....bwa-ha-ha. No? Hmmm, okay. I know, you are a savvy bunch so I'll skip the dramatics and head straight to the point. Has anyone heard of NaNoWriMo? Well, the folks over at NaNoWriMo started this thing a while back where a bunch of wild and crazy wannabe writer types sign on to write their great (or not so great) novel in one month - specifically the month of November. [Thus my sad attempt at mellow drama up there that probably just left you scratching your heads and wondering 'what in the world is she talking about NOW?!] Yeah I signed up a couple of years ago thinking OF COURSE(!) this will be just the thing to get me writing and to perculate my creativity! Of course I could only come up with a brilliant title for my non-existent work - "The Fabricated Goddess". Don't look at me like that! I couldn't let the title go to waste! Alas, though, a novel just seems so, um, big and um, a lot of work. You know? Fast forward to yesterday when I popped over to Kerflop, formerly Very Mom, to find that she and Mrs. Kennedy over at Fussy are launching a NaBloPoMo or National Blog Posting Month! Wherein a bunch of neurotic bloggers pledge to BLOG OR DIE every day in November! Yay! Sound like fun, right? Well okay, my idea of fun, then. Anyway. I'm going to attempt to do this because let's face it 1) this blog is getting lame with all my cryptic half-told stories that read like lists (yes I am aware) and 2) what the hell am I thinking???? don't I have enough on my plate already? Well, really, what's one more thing. So. Starting November 1st, I will be posting EVERY DAY. Good gravy, brace yourselves! Okay, then. I'm off to make a list of things that I might write about in the coming month. This is purely for your protection. You can thank me later. PS....thanks for all the recent comments.....I may need more of that type of support to actually achieve this challenge. So, if you stop by to see what I'm writing, drop a comment. Every little bit of encouragement counts!

4 Comments:

  • Something to read everyday?? I can't wait. I'm always checking your blog to see if there's something new and starting next week there will be. EVERYDAY! Yipee I'm so excited (yes, i know i need to get out more).

    By Blogger Simone, at 10/23/2006 03:52:00 p.m.  

  • Oh yeah, you and me both, baby!

    By Blogger Fabricated Goddess, at 10/23/2006 03:58:00 p.m.  

  • I've been hoping you would update more often LOL. Last week I blogged everyday for a week. I thought that was pretty good. I don't know if I could go everyday for a month though.

    Good Luck. Look forward to reading it.

    By Blogger Rose, at 10/24/2006 01:48:00 p.m.  

  • Oh, wow. I can't believe I haven't checked in since THIS long ago, or I would've known about you updating daily throughout November and read up more! I'm so sorry, I suck!

    But yay, I get to catch up now and read it all in one great big heap of Solace-y blogging goodness! :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/03/2006 01:14:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home