The Fabricated Goddess

Monday, January 23, 2006

Tutorial: How to Post a Comment 101...

NOTE: For those of you who know how to post a comment, my apologies for the following. Okay, I didn't want to do this. Really I didn't. Many of you have told me (via MSN or long distance cell phone calls) "HEY, I made a comment on your lastest blog thinger!" only for me to discover that no, no in fact you did not. I'm not sure who you left a comment for but it wasn't me. What I suspect is that you have not posted your comment to anyone in particular and that it is floating around in cyber-space in a lonely and dejected manner. This we simply cannot have. So here it is: instructions for leaving comments on my blog. STEP 1: Read Michelle's highly entertaining blog. STEP 2: Try not to pee pants laughing at said blog. STEP3: Think to self "Hmmm, must leave a comment on Michelle's blog to let her know that I am reading otherwise she may become disheartened at the lack of response and stop writing". STEP 4: Locate the word 'comment' at the bottom of each entry. It shouldn't be hard to find. It's underlined. Found it? Okay, now click on it. A new window will open. STEP 5: Type your comment to me in the box. Then choose OTHER or ANONYMOUS if you don't have a Blogger account. STEP 6: Type the name that you would like to appear in the spot that says NAME. For instance, my mother - the queen of all things - posted a comment just today and called herself 'Mum' which is convenient really, because that is what I call her. She could have put 'Hot Pants' or 'Her Royal Highness' or whatever she liked. STEP 7: Ignore the spots that say EMAIL and WEBSITE if you'd like. STEP 8: Fill in the letter verification thing. See the crazy letter jumble that's all 'Alice In Wonderland-ish' ? This protects my comment box from receiving junk comments from companies trying to sell me penis enlarging vitamins, which obviously, I have no need for. STEP 9: This is the important part: Scroll to the bottom of the little window. There are two buttons. One says LOG IN AND PUBLISH the other says PREVIEW. You need to click on the button that says 'log in and publish'. If you don't do this and instead just close the comment box window your comment will be LOST FOREVER! I know, it makes me cry too. See? Easy.

3 Comments:

  • Yaaaay!! I DID IT!

    Thanks for the "blonde-proof" directions! Now I can pester you all the time to write a book....these small doses are only going to tide me over for so long you know! You are entirely too entertaining!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/24/2006 08:37:00 a.m.  

  • Hi Miss Michelle: I have checked in today and loved what I read. Hope all is well in your world. I have not heard a thing from my friend Jean about finding out if she has any industrial machines (we know that you will need them sooner than later). Where you able to touch base with her? This is fun being able to connect this way keep in touch, A Mary.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/24/2006 08:54:00 a.m.  

  • Woo Hoo! You did it.

    BOOK?! I'm passing out at the notion of doing anything that takes longer to accomplish than wipe someone's nose. But I'll keep that my backburner for when these intensive days of small kids is over IF you keep reminding me that there is someone out there besidesmy parents that would read it.

    By Blogger Fabricated Goddess, at 1/25/2006 07:04:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home