The Fabricated Goddess

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Holy Smoley....

Hi. I'm baaaack. No really. Don't be pessimistic and shut that browser just yet. I promise, I'm really going to post here again. And I know, okay? I KNOW I've said that before. But now that I'm back from my fake vacation at my new fabulous fake vacation home, I'm all geared up to get in, well, gear, savvy? Okay, so where to begin. I've had a slightly stupid year. You all know we've been renovating, which can I just say NEVER again? It's been a long dirty process. Not one I'm going to jump into again anytime soon, or at least in this lifetime. That being said, the basement is 500 square feet and one errant electrician away from being 100% done - give or take some doors and a bunch of trim. But really who's even paying attention to those little details when we are so close to having 1000 square feet of extra living space?? Not I, oh no, not I. I? I will be doing a break dance of joy on that new pristinely laid cork flooring down there. [Which, incidentally, for those of you in the know, is almost as awe inspiring as my impromptu interperative dances, only much more dangerous for onlookers.] In other words, YAY FOR RENOVATIONS THAT ARE DONE, or nearly done, as the case may be. Somewhere along the way though, I went a little snakey and had trouble doing much besides checking other peoples blogs and looking at piles of unfolded laundry. Fold? Laudry? Why bother, my inner voice of reason said. Just torch the whole place and start over. MUCH easier. But I'm ready to get back on track now. And I promise, that does include writing in this space more than once every three months. Hang in there, brave readers, it's only gonna get better from here.

1 Comments:

  • Yayyyy! You're back! :D

    And man, I can totally imagine your happiness on getting some progress there on the renovations. That much extra space will be awesome though! Lord knows we could use it here too. ;) Anyway, glad to see you back up and at it, I'll check in back later and see what else you've been up to! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/09/2007 02:25:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home