The Fabricated Goddess

Monday, March 19, 2007

The Low-Down on the What-Now....

I've tried to post an entry about 18 times in the last twenty four hours. I log in, open a new post window and then stare at it pathetically until I can't take it anymore and shut the window down. I can't decide if I don't have anything to say or if I'm just too inherently lazy to actually formulate a real post. Or wait. It could be apathy. Don't forget the apathy. So I thought instead of some witty (ha!) post or snappy dialogue-ish banter, I'd just give you an update on what's been happening around here. Erin got home on Saturday afternoon from his training in California. Yes. Sunny So-Cal for a whole week without kids while I stayed home WITH the kids ALONE in the SEMI-DARK-DANKNESS of late late winter. THE JOY!! In all honesty, I was not looking forward to the week, but it actually was so much better than I thought it would be. Dare I say it was sort of peaceful. The reno-craption stopped for the week, there was no school or other hectic activities. We went skiing, mini-golfing and bowling. Quiet, it seemed, was just what the doctor ordered. The only downside of the whole thing was that we all missed him terribly which made the boys ask me about 18 gazillion times when is dad going to get home??. Toward the end of Saturday afternoon they started asking every 3.5 seconds each time louder and louder. As if saying at 10 decibels above a normal speaking voice would illicit the proper response. As if maybe, perhaps I temporarily become hearing impaired. I so wished I knew how to sign "I don't understand what your are talking about". Anyway, he arrived and there was much chaos and handing out of treats and kisses and hugs. It really was a lovely homecoming. He brought me a cute polka dotted summery shirt. If the sun ever shines again here, I'll be rocking that top. He brought the boys the requisite toys. The best thing though? He brought back this coffee that we had the first time on our honeymoon and now he swears that it's the best coffee. [Personally, I don't think it's so much a case of how amazing the coffee really was, but more the fact that we were on our honeymoon and having all that sex.] Somewhere between packing up his suitcase on Sunday morning and arriving home here late the same day, that poor vacuum sealed canister of Folgers French Roast popped it's top and exploded all over the inside of his luggage. When he opened it up in the kitchen Finn exclaimed "Daddy! Why do you have dirt in your suitcase??" There was much laughter as we cleaned up the precious grinds. In other news, I did a clothing purge. My closets look much much better. Now the challenge will be to keep them looking like that. For more than 2 days. Also? The weather keeps saying "partly sunny", but I'm not sure what part is sunny. Certainly not here. And another thing. How is it Tuesday already??

2 Comments:

  • Hey baby, just so you know it was only sunny 2 of the 5 days in So-Cal and right now I am sitting in dreary, cloudy Calgary and it is freaking SNOWING....AHHHHHHHHHH!
    But I sure do miss you guys and can't wait for a big reunion on Friday.
    Keep on posting I love your stuff and miss hearing about how crazy your boys are.
    Muah Shram

    By Blogger Treasured Grace, at 3/20/2007 09:14:00 a.m.  

  • I can confirm the lack of warm rays in California. I was SO looking forward to being in the sun and I'm sure everyone on our trip got tired of my complaining of the lack of it. One morning we could even see our breath! In CALIFORNIA! Too bad about the coffee but at least you got a laugh out of it! We were wondering why it was so important...
    Glad you (more than) survived the week.
    Court

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/20/2007 05:38:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home