The Fabricated Goddess

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Time Flies....

One question I'm going to ask God when I get the chance one day is Why does time fly? Why doesn't it ever take the scenic route. Like say, the train? And what's with always insisting on a one way ticket? Come on back, why don'tcha! I'm so freaking busy! Today I realized just how long it's been since I updated this blog with something other than a one-liner or a photo. My apologies. I will get back in a groove someday. Promise. I'm just unsure as to when that might be. Also? I'm really really really REALLY tired of this renovation. The basement is so close to being ready for drywalling and our friend Rob is working his tail feathers off getting it done for which I'm so SO grateful, but I also SO DONE WITH THE WHOLE MESS! Can't we just torch the place and start over? (I don't really mean that, honey, it's just the PMS talking) I'm tired of tripping over stuff and cleaning up sawdust (soon to be replaced by drywall dust) and this whole winter-lack-of-sun thing isn't really helping. Wow, am I cranky! Yesterday I had one of those sneaky headaches that JUST KEPT GETTING WORSE in spite of the amount of pain medicine I pumped into my body. I'm sure it didn't help that I ate chips, chips, and oh yeah, more chips. It's my new PMS diet. I'm going to market it to martyr types with the tag line Don't Suffer Silently With PMS: Make Everyone Else Suffer With YOU!! 'Cause really, what more fun than PMS with a junk-food induced migraine? I'm eating a salad as big as my head right now to avoid the same fate as yesterday. My family thanks me in advance. In other news, I auditioned last weekend for this summer's Shakespeare production in town. It went okay. I guess. Who can really tell. Now I'm just waiting to hear back one way or the other and trying to convince myself that I'm okay with not getting a part. And really, with Shakespeare, where a cast of 25 has only 4 female roles, I kind of have to know the odds are stacked against me. Still, I'll stand by the old cliche that it's good practice to audition, because who doesn't need more humilitation in their lives? Not me apparently.

2 Comments:

  • Renovation, oooohhh. I can imagine it's gotta drive you crazy being in the middle of all that mess now... just think about the end results of it all, though! Everything'll be shiny and new, and things're always funfunfun when they're shiny and new! ;)

    Also, got my fingers crossed for you on that Shakespeare play! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/19/2007 04:51:00 p.m.  

  • Chips...make everything better. Just ask my family. :)
    Rach

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/22/2007 11:21:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home