The Fabricated Goddess

Monday, November 27, 2006

Am I Still At It? You Ask...

Well, a'course I am! You didn't think I'd give up did you? My parents came for an early Christmas celebration with us this weekend. It was a really relaxing weekend. We played games, ate amazing food and just generally enjoyed each others company. My mother didn't even do ONE load of laundry. I KNOW! This is monumental for her, and for me. Usually she drops her suitcase and heads straight for the waiting piles - there is always laundry around here. It started snowing here on Friday night and by yesterday evening it was apparent that every flight leaving here was either delayed or cancelled all together. There's something special about being snowed in. I can't quite put my finger on it exactly, but something within me sort of sighed and settled in when their flight was canned. It's like this world is so hectic, so busy and so driving that when you get snowed in, or stalled someplace, and it's completely out of your control you have no other choice but to surrender to it and just make the most of it. And make the most of it we did. Mum and Dad, I'm so blessed to have you as my parents. You have showered my family with love and blessings in every possible way. Thank you for always taking the time to see us. Thank you for all the gifts given - both seen and unseen. Thank you for the hugs and the laughs. Thanks for all the times you've come and toiled beside us. Thanks for coming to the 'gong show' and sleeping in the gutted basement (we tried to give them our bed, people, we really did) and for putting up with the restless natives (read: children) and for ignoring the shrapnel. We all love you dearly. More so because you love us back. Merry Christmas from your girl, m.

1 Comments:

  • Hold the phone, who is blessed? That would be H & M, we are reminded each day that you are given gifts in life, what you do with them is up to you. We think we know what to do with the gifts of love and affection from those that love us unconditionally. Cherish them, nuture them and enjoy them. Love always, Mum

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/28/2006 12:12:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home