The Fabricated Goddess

Friday, November 17, 2006

Words I Love....

Okay, admittedly I know this is supposed to be a conversation, but I decided to change it to "Words I Love". Don't you have words you just love?? Words that make you feel smarter? Or words that tickle you? I hope I'm not odd in this. Some words just make me happy the way they roll off my tongue. Here are a few. 1. Obtuse. This word almost sounds like what it is. I wish I could work this word into more conversations, but sadly I'm too obtuse to figure out how. 2. Scintillating. This word makes me think of tiny little silvery shivers running all over my body. Don't ask me why, because that's no where near the meaning of this word. And now that I've revealled that there is no way that I could ever hope that someone will use that word to describe me. Obtuse perhaps, but not scintillation. 3. Lexicon. Again a word I can never seem to work into conversation, but if I ever do, boy will I seem scintillating!! 4. Chartruese and Vermillion. I know these are just a fancy shmancy way of describing shades of green and red, but to my artists heart, these two words just seem more alive. You know? In the catagory of made up words that don't really exist: 1. Degrossify. I read this on a blog and now I can't even remember which one. I'm sure that blogger probably can't take credit for it either, but it cracked me up, because, people? I know degrossify. I have boys. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. 2. Crotchular Area. My husband takes the ever popular (?) term "crotchular" and adds "area" to it while making a triangle with his hands hovering over his own crotchular area just in case the terminology wasn't self explanatory enough. It's like the bermuda triangle, only hairier. 3. Sistalah. The girls in my life that aren't sisters by blood but are every bit as good as if they had been born into my very own family. We laugh, we cry, sometimes we get on each others cases, but mostly we just love each other. 4. Squirelly. The term I use to describe how it feels to be living in 980 sq ft and homeschooling while my handy hubby renos the basement. The use of this terminology is usually followed by a series of gutteral screams.

2 Comments:

  • Okay, #2 in the 'words that don't really exist' category made me laugh so hard I nearly fell off my chair! You crack me up, and I now have a more complete idea of Erin's personality...
    Thanks for making me smile every time I check your blog.
    Love you,
    Court

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/20/2006 08:11:00 a.m.  

  • You are most welcome...thanks for making me want to keep writing...even when my husband would like to disconnect me permanently from the internet. :)

    By Blogger Fabricated Goddess, at 11/20/2006 10:52:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home