The Fabricated Goddess

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Wednesday Oh.My.GOOD.GRAVY But I'm Still Tired....

I should be posting some recipe. I know. I am a fink. But I tell you I'm am still so tired I feel sideways dizzy. I can't even think. But I have to tell you the trip home to Ontario was totally worth it. I can't remember when I've seen so much of my family. And the best part? Surprising so many of them! Yay for overwhelming people with unspeakable emotions! I hope my Grandmother and my Aunt Deanna recover. The comical highlight of the weekend was most assuredly going back to the Wyoming Legion with some of the whackier family members after our luncheon with my Grandpa. And I mean whackier in the nicest of ways...I was one of them after all. We laughed, we talked, we admired the very disturbing decor (orange and rust shag carpet? do I even want to know how old that was?) we participated in the annual Remeberance Day meat raffle. Yes, that grand old tradition of raffling off Costco sized containers of raw hamburger that have been sitting on the raffle table for I-don't-want-to-know-how-long. I was mildly disturbed. Even more concerning was that even though our side of the hall was buying into the raffle, it was the suspiciously gnome-like Chester on the other side of the partition that kept winning. At least three times in the course of an hour. I don't know what kind of voo-doo Chester was working on the meat wheel, but he had some racket going on - that was obvious. Anyway, it was so lovely and nostalgic to see so much family. I am so thrilled to be a part of this family. You are all very dear to my heart. I'm glad I got the chance to see everyone. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go lie down before I fall down.

1 Comments:

  • If you think that part of the day was entertaining you should have heard Aunty Frans men, fashion, and bug comments during the delayed portions of the cerimony. However I am glad you all showed up at the Legion to help me babysit, I thought I would have to watch the Uncles alone. I'm also quite convinced that the raffles were rigged. I loved seeing everyone, even though some fibbed and said they weren't coming... Thanks for the speech you wrote too. Say Hi to the family. Love you, Jillian

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/06/2006 01:30:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home