The Fabricated Goddess

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Summer Help, Sum 'Er Not.....

When I get down to the business of cleaning (operative word 'when') I tend to be a little driven about it. Like once I actually attain the intestinal fortitude to tackle the massive dirt ball that is my house (many thanks to the reno raging in my basement) rule of thumb is stay out of my way. I give it the old quick and nasty. No need to linger because it's not my favorite thing to do. Today, Finn decided that he would help me vacuum and I had to let him, 'cause, you know, it just looks like so much fun! Right? Well, and also, I'm acknowledging that even though it might be simpler (and certainly faster) to just do it myself, I really don't want him to be like his father who didn't know how to to anything domesticated what.so.ever. Seriously, I know the boy was young when we got married but he could not even boil water. And sadly, that's no exageration. So in the intrest of teaching him to be able to someday leave the nest and fend for himself (and not attract rats in the process) off he went a vacuuming. And now? This is what I can hear. rrrrrrrrrrr....MAMA! I just sucked up a SOCK!!.....rrrrrrrr.....Oh MAN!! Mama, guess what I sucked up now?!.......rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......Whoa! Oh MAN!!! I did it again!!......rrrrrrrrrr.......... Yup, some ARE help and some are most assuredly NOT.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, I was gonna say, at least he hasn't broken anything! *knocks on wood* ;) Still, s'cute that he wants to help, and definitely not a bad thing to learn early. Oh, how lucky some girl is going to be one day. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/10/2006 05:55:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home