The Fabricated Goddess

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Addendum....

Please note the following: Although Erin was strangely inept at all things domestic when we got married, it should be noted that this is past tense only. I'm happy to report that he's now an equal opportunity household task master. Nothing says I love you like a man who vacuums. Also? These two conversations with my sons occured this week. Ethan and I at the "Nutcracker".... Me: So, this ballet is set about the same time period as "Little House on the Prairie". Except that instead of poor American homesteaders, this family is from Europe and they are rich. See how beautiful their costumes are? Ethan: (glassy eyed) Rrrriiiich. I love rich. Me: Um, okay. Well let's talk about how different the two families are. See those ladies with the white caps on? Those are the families servants. In "Little House" Laura's family has to do all the work themselves. Ethan: (glassy eyed, and possibly drooling a little - it was dark, so I can't be quite sure) Sssseeeervants. I love servants. Me: I'm just going to pretend you didn't say that. In the car yesterday..... Me: Okay, when we get home, you boys need to clean up your room a little, because I'm going to vacuum. Ethan: Why? Me: Uh, because your room is a mess and there are crumbs everywhere. Ethan: So. Finn: Yeah, we like it that way. Me: Well, you can't leave it like that. That's how you get bugs. Or rats. You wouldn't want that to happen would you? Finn: That's okay with us. We like rats. We'll just use them as pets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home