The Fabricated Goddess

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Okay. So.

My "AHHHHH!!" I guess should be explained. You see, I auditioned for a play - Romeo and Juliet to be exact. Something I do on a very rare occasion these days. The thing is, I ALWAYS read the audition notices in the local paper. You know, just so I can go all "oh, I could so totally be Maria! The hills are ALIIIIIVE!!" but not actually go out for the part. But every once in a blue moon a notice will leap (LEAP I tell you) off the page and I will get that old familiar tingly what if feeling deep in the pit of my stomach. That dare to hope I won't completly suck and I haven't lost it feeling, and then conveniently file that feeling under F for FORGET ABOUT IT AND IT WILL GO AWAY UNTIL THE AUDITIONS ARE OVER AND OH! LOOK! TOO LATE NOW. Except this time I made a tragic error in the calculations. I mentioned it to one husband and one group of sistalahs and they all said "YEAH BABY!" and I was all "SHOOT!" and back and forth it went until thursday night when the fabulous Sherri-Ann was driving me to said audition while I breathed into a paper sack and tried not to throw up in her nice new mini-van. Dang crazy-ass supportive friends who act like stage mom's at the most inconvenient times! [Thanks a whole bunch, really, you rock baby!] Aaaaannyyway. I did it. I am done doing it. I have NOOO idea how it went (they are way too stone faced in those things). And when I get a call - either way - I'll let you know. There. No secret no more - now even the internet knows.

7 Comments:

  • I am so PROUD to to be your crazy-ass supportive sistalah. Call me anytime baby! Oh ya right you didn't call I just showed up, LOL

    By Blogger Treasured Grace, at 5/03/2006 07:45:00 a.m.  

  • That's awesome! Good for you Michelle. I know that must have been hard but I'm so glad that you made that step. Maybe now the next audition won't be so hard?? Can't wait to hear how you did!!

    P.S will you share what role you went out for?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/03/2006 11:15:00 a.m.  

  • OK you sistalh's out there this is Mike's dad , i'm glad some of you drive her to the auditions, that used to be my job but alas to far away, the girl has more talent then she will admit. If this one doesn't pan out ya'll will have to take over and make her go to the next one, once on stage she is a whole different person than any of you know. So Mike the rest of your secert is out. Love and break a leg.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/03/2006 11:34:00 a.m.  

  • I wish I was there with you I miss being your support system. I am so happy that you have your good friends and yes sistalah's. We women must stick together and look after one another. You do me proud little girl. Love MUM XXOO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/03/2006 04:09:00 p.m.  

  • Wow, fantastic!! Good luck :) and whatever the outcome, it sounds like you suceeded in so many ways :) Lxx

    By Blogger Lizzy, at 5/04/2006 03:14:00 p.m.  

  • That sounds great Michelle. Good for you. The last time I was in a play was in high school (or maybe in church). I hope you get a part, even if it's just a small one.

    By Blogger Rose, at 5/06/2006 11:51:00 p.m.  

  • OH! You auditioned for a play? That's AWESOME! :D

    I'm a little late in noticing this, but you haven't posted anything new on this subject yet, so I'm going to sit here and cross my fingers for you anyway! Hee, excitement! I'm sure you did great, and as was said above, maybe now that you've gone ahead and actually gone to an audition once... who knows what you might try next. ;)

    Much love!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/08/2006 03:32:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home