The Fabricated Goddess

Friday, September 02, 2005

Unexpected Textiles Tangent

I don't know exactly what came over me, but I was drawn - yes, drawn - into the fabric department while shopping. My mum laughs when I tell her this. "It's the pheremones." she declares knowingly. "Pheremones?" I repeat, dumbfounded, "In fabric??" The next thing I know, I'm buying fabric, pattern, interfacing.....INTERFACING?? (Yes, that was absolutely double question mark worthy.) You see, I've long denied my fabric-junkie heiritage. My Mother, my Grandmother, my Aunties - all fabric junkies. So I've embraced my lineage and embarked on this new journey. But really, what's more astonishing, is that I actually washed the fabric, cut out the pattern and made something. Who knew I had it in me? Thus was launched the unexpected textiles tangent of my journey. So here's the what: Numero uno. Shock and awe, people, shock and awe!! The Leanne...although Sherri-Ann is currently test driving this one in Calgary. Awww, it's the Katie! Tsk, paying for babysitting with purses, the nerve! The Sherri-Ann...shhhh, she hasn't even seen it yet. Brown canvas and vintage striped sheets from the thrift store....my current fav. And there you have the evidence that something is starting to happen in my small quiet corner.

2 Comments:

  • Okay I really love my purse but i want the vintage one TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. LOLOLOLO
    Muah to you and only 2 more sleeps. maybe you can meet at my house when we arrive home like last time. That would be so fun.
    SA

    By Blogger Treasured Grace, at 9/03/2005 04:08:00 p.m.  

  • Well you know, you can always change your mind....I'm sure someone else would take your original purse....I do really love the vintage strip and brown, it's way funky.

    xo,
    m.

    By Blogger Fabricated Goddess, at 9/03/2005 07:44:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home