The Fabricated Goddess

Thursday, September 01, 2005

So I've been doin' this self portrait thing...

It started out innocently enough...I was playing around with a new digi-cam that we got for Christmas. So I took a few picts of myself. And then, pretty much just became a total cam whore after that. I'll have to post some to bring you up to speed, but this one right here is from a week ago. It documents 1) the shirt I'm wearing that I made out of an old skirt (hard to explain...but I'll take a pic of the shirt so you can see what it looks like now) and 2) my hair, dried completely naturally, and sans shampoo (look at those Boticelli waves, oh my!!)...something a bunch of us are trying right now (a bunch of us being me and Sherri-Ann and whoever else we can indoctrinate with our anti-shampoo campaign). Ok, so here's a few more, just so you can see what I mean about the cam whore-ish-ness. Image hosted by Photobucket.com January '05 This is me in my "TNT" shirt that Candice gave me after she dreamed about me turning into a stick of dynamite. Image hosted by Photobucket.com May '05 My hair is growing out and I'm not dying it anymore. The gray is showing although it's not noticable in this pic. Man my nose looks wonky this close up. August '05 Again with the anti-shampoo campaign. That's right people, I said no shampoo. Behold the waves! So there you have a few. I'll post other's later, but I really should do other stuff today....really. Later, trust me.

4 Comments:

  • Hey, you have a fantastic blog here! I will come back and check it out! I have a physical fitness site/blog. It covers physical fitness related stuff.

    By Blogger Manny, at 9/01/2005 03:01:00 p.m.  

  • nice pictures. but what's up with the anti-shampoo thing?? Don't get it.
    Cheers,
    Angelika

    By Blogger The Cooking Photographer, at 9/01/2005 03:52:00 p.m.  

  • supposedly shampoo is bad for naturally curly/wavy hair and you dont' really need it anyway....just massaging your scalp will get it clean enough without stripping your hair. I'm still trying to decide if it's funky-granola crunchy-cool or just-plain-icky to not use shampoo.....I'll keep you posted. :)

    By Blogger Fabricated Goddess, at 9/01/2005 04:00:00 p.m.  

  • Thanks for the explanation. Myself, I can't imagine washing my hair without shampoo, because I have VERY oily hair. So no matter how bad shampoo is for my hair, I'll still use it, because otherwise I'd look like a bottle of olive-oil. Seriously, it's that bad :)

    By Blogger The Cooking Photographer, at 9/02/2005 05:15:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home